Databases are an essential component in every information system regardless of the field or business you are in. The ability to develop and use computer databases is becoming a critical skill that is required by many disciplines. This course is designed to introduce the participant to database systems. Participants develop the fundamental skills of designing and developing a relational database. All assessments require students to demonstrate their mastery of the practical aspects of the course including data modeling and Structured Query Language (SQL).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to take on projects where one needs to design and develop databases as part of an information system. Specifically, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental concepts of relational databases.
- Design a relational database.
- Implement a relational database using Microsoft Access 2019
- Define and manage data from a relational database
- Understand transaction management in relational databases
- Understand the fundamental concepts of a data warehouse
- Understand the fundamentals of enterprise database management systems (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server & MySQL)
- Perform basic installation and configuration of the latest versions of popular enterprise database management systems ((e.g. Microsoft SQL Server & MySQL)
- Digital Literacy Basic or its equivalent.
- 3 Months
- US$225.00 (Payable in 3 installments with 50% down payment)