Last Updated: January 1, 2021
Interpretation and Definitions
Interpretation: The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account: means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our service.
- Institution (referred to as either "the Institution", "We", "Us", or "Our" in this Policy): refers to Comax Advanced Technology Academy, Comax House, Jallah Town Russell Avenue, Monrovia, Liberia.
- Cookies: are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website that contain the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country: refers to the Republic of Liberia.
- Device: means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data: is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service: refers to the Website.
- Service Provider: means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Institution. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Institution to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Institution, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Institution in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-Party Social Media Service: refers to any website or any social network website through which a user can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data: refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website: refers to Comax Advanced Technology Academy, accessible from https://www.cata.com.lr
- You: means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the organization, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
Personal Data:While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include but not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal Code, City
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (i.e. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of Our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever you visit Our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Flash Cookies:Certain features or Our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on Our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read "Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?" available HERE
Web Beacons.Certain sections of Our Service and Our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Institution, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recorded the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Learn more about cookies: What Are Cookies?.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential CookiesType: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance CookiesType: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Functionality CookiesType: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid You haveing to re-enter Your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Institution may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain Our Service, including to monitor the use of Our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance, and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: to contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers, and general information about other programs, services, and events that we offer that are similar to those that you have already encountered or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend to and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or another sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about Our Service use is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve Our Service, programs, services, marketing, and Your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Sevice Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of Our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of any merger, sale of Institution assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another organization.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services, or promotions.
- With Your Consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Institution will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Institution's operating officers and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of Your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Law EnforcementUnder certain circumstances, the Institution may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other Legal RequirementsThe Institution may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Institution
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data please Contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification or parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
By phone: +231 776 600001